EXPLORE THE DOWNTOWN BORO
When you visit Downtown Greensboro, the good times don't have to stop when you walk out the door of your favorite restaurant or bar. Starting March 1st, visitors can stroll with their alcoholic beverages through the City of Greensboro's Border of Refreshments Outdoors (BORO) program, which designates areas where alcoholic beverages purchased from area businesses may be consumed in outdoor public spaces during specified times
How does it work?
- ORDER your adult beverages from one of the participating businesses located within the BORO district.
- DRINK from a specially designed cup that indicates where the drink was purchased.
- ENJOY strolling through the BORO district while shopping and exploring downtown.
- DISCARD your cup into trash cans located throughout downtown.
RULES AND REGULATION:
- Drinks must be consumed from the official BORO cup received at drink purchase and hold no more than 16 oz
- Visitors may stroll with their beverages within the BORO district only from 12 PM - 9 PM
- Check to see if a retailer allows BORO drinks before entering the establishment. Look for the BORO sticker at the door.
- Don’t carry drinks into another bar or restaurant that serve alcohol
(Purchase BORO drinks at these locations)
'cille & 'scoe
Community Theatre of Greensboro
Lewis + Elm
Little Brother/Lawn Service
Natty Greene's Brewing Co.
Neighbors GSO (opening summer 2022)
Next Door Beer Bar and Bottle Shop
One Thirteen Brewhouse
Rock's Hair Shop
Vintage to Vogue
XO Social Lounge
Outside Drinks Welcome in the Following Non-ABC Permitted Businesses
Lee + Wrangler Hometown Studio
Northern Roots Coffeehouse
(Outside drinks not allowed; BORO beverages not available for purchase)
Boxcar Bar + Arcade
Cheesecakes by Alex
Crooked Tail Cat Cafe
The Farmer's Wife
City of Greensboro Contact: Andrea D. Harrell, (336) 373-7787
*Business participation is completely voluntary; there is no fee to participate. If a business isn’t listed, it’s because they have chosen not to participate in the BORO at this time.