VIRTUALLY SUPPORT OUR VENUES
Many of our local theaters, bars and venues are holding virtual performances. We encourage you to visit their individual web sites and social media channels for more information. Additionally, we will post information about each of these shows as we are made aware on our Instagram and Facebook stories.
- Triad Stage has published a full line-up of virtual performances
- Carolina Theatre is hosting virtual Open Mic Nights throughout the month of April.
- Vintage to Vogue Boutique is livestreaming twice each week on Facebook. Visit their feed for details.
- Greensboro Children’s Museum has a comprehensive list of at-home activities and projects for the family.
- Greensboro Downtown Parks have gone digital with art, wellness, and so much more.
- GreenHill Center for NC Art is holding virtual art lessons! Visit their Facebook page for links.
- Greensboro Downtown Yoga has online yoga classes via their YouTube Channel.
- Greensboro Parks and Recreation is going live on Facebook Monday-Friday at 1 pm. We have a variety of programs from animal Mondays to fitness Fridays and everything in between!
- Greensboro Ballet is holding daily classes on YouTube.
- Chez Genèse is holding virtual cooking classes during the week. They post the schedule on their Instagram feed and the recipes on their blog.
- Guilford County CARES Grant Program
Guilford County CARES Grant program qualifications have been modified to allow grants for those who have received less than $10,000 from other government programs, including PPP loans. Information on program overview, eligibility requirements and how to apply here.
- NC Legislature passes COVID relief: $125 million in funding for small business loans through the Golden LEAF Foundation.
- Free resource to you: SCORE. Free mentorships for small business owners. Coaching and counseling done by experienced executives. Score reps can be reached at Scoregso@gmail.com or 336-333-5399.
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits by clicking here.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief: Tax Day now July 15: Treasury, IRS extend filing deadline and federal tax payments regardless of amount
- Employment Law Changes | Effective April 2, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act mandates paid sick leave, paid family and medical leave and enhanced unemployment compensation benefits.
- Unemployment Insurance | As an employer you may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). DUA is a federal program that provides temporary payments to people in a federally declared disaster area whose employment has been lost or interrupted as a direct result of the disaster. Business owners that are self-employed, a farmer, or a commercial fisherman, who is unemployed as a direct result of the disaster may be eligible.
- How to properly wash your hands
- Social Distancing Guidelines for Retailers
- Interim Opening Guidelines for Restaurants
- Opening Guidelines for Retailers
There are ways the community is coming together during this time:
- Fainting Goat Spirits has hand sanitizer available for purchase. Click here for details.
- Hudson’s Hill has breathable barrier face masks available for purchase.
- DGI has reusable tote bags that we’d like to make available to our downtown retailers and restaurants. To claim your 125 recycled DGI tote bags for your business, please email Stacy Calfo. First come, first served; while supplies last.
- Starmount Life Magazine is offering free advertising space to downtown restaurants who would like to promote a coupon special. Click here for an example. Please contact Jeff Tillman directly at email@example.com.
- Matthews Mobile Media would like to offer free front door & hours of operations decals to any businesses in downtown Greensboro that have been recently vandalized. If you are interested, please reach out to Eddie Gafford directly at 336.297.9600 x431 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also assist with Plexiglass Sneeze Guards. Contact Eddie if you are interested in purchasing plexiglass sneeze guards for your business.
DGI is constantly thinking of creative ways to help your business during this challenging time.
Take part in our new social media campaign, #myDGSO. This campaign will highlight our downtown businesses as well as residents who have chosen to call downtown home. PLEASE RECORD A 90-SECOND OR LESS VIDEO to participate in this campaign and email it to Stacy Calfo or upload it to this Google Drive folder. Here’s what we are looking for:
- Your name and business
- Why you chose downtown for your location
- What you want folks to know about you
- Note: it’s important to not make these longer than 90 seconds so we can share them in their entirety on social media. We will also be posting these to our YouTube pages.
- Think outside the box and have fun with them.
- Update your Zoom background!Let’s have some fun with our Zoom backgrounds and share #DGSO with the world. Find a ton of images in this Google drive folder and enjoy! https://tinyurl.com/ume2e39
Need help changing your background? Follow this link! https://tinyurl.com/wblnj8c
Thanks for supporting us and keeping #DGSO in your daily lives. (We’d love to see your Zoom background in action…share a screenshot with us #DGSOzoom)