COVID 19 + REBUILDING GREENSBORO
VIRTUALLY SUPPORT OUR VENUES
Many of our local theaters, bars and venues are holding virtual performances. We encourage you to visit their individual web sites and social media channels for more information. Additionally, we will post information about each of these shows as we are made aware on our Instagram and Facebook stories.
- Triad Stage has published a full line-up of virtual performances
- Greensboro Children’s Museum has a comprehensive list of at-home activities and projects for the family.
- Greensboro Downtown Parks have gone digital with art, wellness, and so much more.
- Greensboro Downtown Yoga has online yoga classes via their YouTube Channel.
- Greensboro Parks and Recreation is going live on Facebook Monday-Friday at 1 pm. We have a variety of programs from animal Mondays to fitness Fridays and everything in between!
- Greensboro Ballet is holding daily classes on YouTube.
- GMA Announces Relief Loan Program: Guilford Merchants Association and Piedmont Business Capital (PBC) will offer small-dollar relief loans to help support the Guilford County small business community experiencing a decline in profitability. If you are interested in a low-barrier, low-interest loan please complete the Interest Form here. Additional information regarding the Small Business Relief Fund can be found here.
- Guilford County CARES Grant Program: Qualifications have been modified to allow grants for those who have received less than $10,000 from other government programs, including PPP loans. Information on program overview, eligibility requirements and how to apply here.
- NC Legislature passes COVID relief: $125 million in funding for small business loans through the Golden LEAF Foundation.
- Free resource to you: SCORE. Free mentorships for small business owners. Coaching and counseling done by experienced executives. Score reps can be reached at Scoregso@gmail.com or 336-333-5399.
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits by clicking here.
- Employment Law Changes | Effective April 2, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act mandates paid sick leave, paid family and medical leave and enhanced unemployment compensation benefits.
- Unemployment Insurance | As an employer you may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). DUA is a federal program that provides temporary payments to people in a federally declared disaster area whose employment has been lost or interrupted as a direct result of the disaster. Business owners that are self-employed, a farmer, or a commercial fisherman, who is unemployed as a direct result of the disaster may be eligible.
- How to properly wash your hands
- Social Distancing Guidelines for Retailers
- Interim Opening Guidelines for Restaurants
- Opening Guidelines for Retailers
There are ways the community is coming together during this time:
- OPEN STREETS: We're shutting is down to open it up. Join us downtown every Friday and Saturday for outdoor dining and shopping along Elm Street.
- CHOW DOWNTOWN! Join us for food and drink specials for Downtown Restaurant Week, September 14-18.
- SUMMER PASSPORT: Download the Downtown Greensboro App in the Apple Store or Google Play to explore destinations while earning prizes!
- Fainting Goat Spirits has hand sanitizer available for purchase. Click here for details.
- Hudson’s Hill has breathable barrier face masks available for purchase.
- DGI has reusable tote bags that we’d like to make available to our downtown retailers and restaurants. To claim your 125 recycled DGI tote bags for your business, please email Stacy Calfo. First come, first served; while supplies last.
DGI is constantly thinking of creative ways to help your business during this challenging time.
Take part in our new social media campaign, #myDGSO. This campaign will highlight our downtown businesses as well as residents who have chosen to call downtown home. PLEASE RECORD A 90-SECOND OR LESS VIDEO to participate in this campaign and email it to Stacy Calfo or upload it to this Google Drive folder. Here’s what we are looking for:
- Your name and business
- Why you chose downtown for your location
- What you want folks to know about you
- Note: it’s important to not make these longer than 90 seconds so we can share them in their entirety on social media. We will also be posting these to our YouTube pages.
- Think outside the box and have fun with them.
- Update your Zoom background!Let’s have some fun with our Zoom backgrounds and share #DGSO with the world. Find a ton of images in this Google drive folder and enjoy! https://tinyurl.com/ume2e39
Need help changing your background? Follow this link! https://tinyurl.com/wblnj8c
Thanks for supporting us and keeping #DGSO in your daily lives. (We’d love to see your Zoom background in action…share a screenshot with us #DGSOzoom)